Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2013 New Jersey Bike & Walk Summit
Saturday, February 23, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
New Brunswick, NJ
About the Summit
NJBWC announces the 2013 New Jersey Bike & Walk Summit, on Saturday, February 23, 2013 in collaboration with the Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Rutgers University in New Brunswick. The NJBWC Summit is New Jersey's statewide meeting of bicycle and pedestrian advocates, elected officials and other township leaders, transportation and urban planners, bike shop owners and managers, cycling, walking and fitness enthusiasts, recreation, trails and club leaders and others who are interested in making our state a better place to live.
NJBWC is pleased to offer you the opportunity to learn more about current state and federal legal and policy issues affecting your community, make you aware of various public funding sources, enable you to network, identify and develop mutually beneficial relationships that can help your community become more bike and pedestrian friendly and therefore, more livable.
Included in the list of speakers and panelists for the 2013 Summit are:
- James Corless, Director of Transportation for America
- Ken Podziba, President and CEO of Bike New York
- Sue Macy, author of Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (With a Few Flat Tires Along the Way)
- David Herlihy, author of Bicycling: The History and The Lost Cyclist
Topics that will be presented at the 2013 NJ Bike & Walk Summit include:
- MAP-21- our nation's new transportation bill, and how your community can benefit from it
- Working with local politicians to achieve bike and pedestrian-focused goals
- Complete Streets implementation in your community
- Pedaling across America- taking a cross-country cycling trip
- Bicycle Friendly America Program and how your community can achieve this designation
- Getting a local bike & ped advocacy group started in your town
- Discussion with several authors of recently published cycling-related histories
- Organizing cyclovias and other bicycling and walking events in your community
- Advocacy for trails users, including cyclists, hikers and equestrians
- Bike shops and advocacy
Registration includes access to all of the day's events, a light breakfast and full lunch. On-line pre-registration is available for $50 per attendee. Registration will also be available at the event for $65. Pre-registration price of $50 ends on Thursday, February 21 at midnight.
Payment may also be made by check; please make checks payable to:
New Jersey Bike & Walk Coalition and send to:
NJBWC, Box 140, 551 Valley Road, Montclair, NJ 07043. Checks must be received by Thursday, February 21, 2013.
Registration to the NJ Bike & Walk Summit is non-refundable.
APA members: AICP CM credits pending.
Please join NJBWC for a full day of cycling and walking advocacy, networking, sharing of ideas and bridging gaps across NJ communities. With over 20 panel sessions and 60 speakers planned, the 2013 Summit promises to be our best one yet!
For questions, please send a note to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
New Jersey Bike & Walk Coalition
NJBWC is New Jersey's state advocacy organization for bike and pedestrian rights.
NJBWC is dedicated to:
PROTECTING the rights and safety of New Jersey bicyclists and walkers
PROMOTING bicycling and walking for fun, fitness, and transportation
EDUCATING bicyclists, walkers, and drivers about our rights and responsibilities
CONNECTING our communities with a smarter transportation system